Cream of Brie SoupPair with Villa Bellangelo - 2012 Chardonnay
Prep: 8 min. Cook: 16 min. Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1 lb) pan dressed trout
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; cook the onions and celery until the onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the flour, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually whisk in the chicken stock. Simmer until the celery is tender, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the Brie cheese, and allow to melt for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender, filling the pitcher no more than halfway full. Hold down the lid of the blender with a folded kitchen towel, and carefully start the blender, using a few quick pulses to get the soup moving before leaving it on to puree. Puree in batches until smooth, and pour into a clean pot. Heat the soup to almost simmering over medium-low heat. Pour in the cream. To serve, garnish with red and green pepper strips.
Originally published at http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cream-of-brie-soup/detail.aspx