Fresh Berries & CreamPair with Villa Bellangelo - Bella Fresca, Gibson Vineyard Riesling
Yield: 4 Servings
Here in the Finger Lakes, the City of Geneva is known as the "Lake Trout Capital of the World." Our 2011 Dry Riesling will serve as a magnificent complement to this locally caught fresh fish. Enjoy!
- 3-4 cups assorted fresh berries
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar, or to taste
- 4 (1 lb) pan dressed trout
- Cream Preparation
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' (icing or powdered) sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place all the berries (cut the strawberries into pieces if they are too large) in a large bowl and sprinkle with the sugar. Stir to combine and leave to macerate for about 30 minutes.
- In bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer or wire whisk) beat the mascarpone, heavy whipping cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract just until soft peaks form.
- Take four wine and layer the berries with the cream. Garnish with a sprig of fresh mint, if desired.
- The parfaits can be made several hours before serving. Cover and store in the refrigerator.