Spring Vegetable RisottoPair with Villa Bellangelo - Seyval Blanc, Riesling
- 2 ½ tsp. olive oil
- 2 small fennel bulbs, chopped (2 cups)
- 8 green onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 small leek, white and light green parts chopped (1 cup)
- 5 cloves garlic, minced (5 tsp.)
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- 3 ½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped fresh mixed herbs, such as dill, tarragon, and basil, divided
- 4 oz. aged goat cheese, grated (1 cup)
1. Heat oil in pressure cooker over medium heat. Add fennel and green onions, and sauté 6 minutes, or until softened and beginning to brown. Transfer half of fennel mixture to small bowl; cover and keep warm.
2. Add leek, garlic, and rice to remaining fennel mixture, stirring well to coat ingredients with oil. Stir in broth, and bring mixture to a boil.
3. Lock pressure cooker lid in place. Increase heat to high, and bring to high pressure. Lower heat just enough to maintain high pressure, and cook 5 minutes.
4. Reduce pressure with quick-release method, or according to equipment instructions. Gently remove lid,
taking care to avoid escaping steam. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, and season with salt and pepper,
5. Divide risotto among 6 bowls. Top each serving with reserved fennel mixture, remaining herbs, and goat cheese.
Originally published at http://www.vegetariantimes.com/recipe/spring-vegetable-risotto/