Trout AmandinePair with Villa Bellangelo - 2011 Dry Riesling
Prep: 8 min. Cook: 16 min. Yield: 4 Servings
Here in the Finger Lakes, the City of Geneva is known as the "Lake Trout Capital of the World." Our 2011 Dry Riesling will serve as a magnificent complement to this locally caught fresh fish. Enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 (1 lb) pan dressed trout
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon tarragon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in the cavities of the trout.
- In shallow bowl, mix eggs and half and half
- IDip trout in egg mixture, then roll in flour.
- In small skillet, saute the almonds in 2 t butter until light brown.
- Add lemon juice and tarragon.
- Remove from heat; keep warm.
- In large skillet, on med heat, combine oil and remaining butter.
- Fry the trout for 8 minutes, turn and fry another 8 minutes.
- Place trout on serving platter; top with almond mixture.
Originally published at http://www.food.com/recipe/trout-amandine-31112