WELCOME TO BELLANGELO
A New Era Tasting Experience
In light of social distancing restrictions with regard to Covid-19, we have launched an entirely new, exceptional experience. You may opt to engage in our tastings with staff, or experience a guided virtual tasting with our winemaker, Chris Missick. This information applies to our Seneca Lake tasting rooms in Geneva and Dundee.
In either instance, we will personally guide you through the wines in the flight you choose. In our video option, each video is meant to be a deep dive into the site, the wine, and good food pairings. If you are more interested in the tasting portion, simply fast forward a few minutes.
**Reservations are Recommended Friday, Saturday and Sunday** Please call to check for availability if less than 24 hours before you plan to visit our winery (Geneva 315-325-4314, Dundee 607-243-8602) or stop in and speak to a staff member for accommodations.
Register to make an appointment: click here.
Flight options include our Riesling, Dry, Sweet, Reds, and Unique Wines Tasting Flights:
Red Wines Flight
All tastings start with our welcome wineA New Era in Tastings - Introduction Video
Details on how our tastings have changed:
- First and foremost, we ask that you be patient with us while we navigate this new normal. Please respect any and all requests made by our staff. The health and safety of our winery depends on everyone’s cooperation.
- Guests will arrive at the entrance, and be seated by a staff member at their sanitized table.
- Masks are required for entrance, and can only be removed when seated.
- Appointments are strongly suggested and required on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays regardless of size. If you do not have a reservation and stop in and there is availability, you will be seated. If you are 10 minutes late, you will lose your appointment if there are guests waiting. If you are running late, please call. We do prioritize Wine Club members for their dedication to our winery. Wine Club memberships can be purchased here. If there is a long line, we ask that you provide us with a cell phone number to text you when a table is available.
- We encourage responsible consumption, and while tasting wine, we encourage guests to spit in a safe and secure manner. The traditional spittoons have been replaced with individual spit cups. The cups can be dumped at the central drainage station on the tasting bar at the entrance. This should reduce risk of splashing and be a more sanitary process for everyone.
- Tastings may occur inside, or on our patio (weather permitting). Outside tasting will be entirely self-guided.
- Tastings inside and outside are seated, with a maximum of four people to a table. Guests arriving in pairs will be seated at their own table. We suggest 30 minutes per tasting inside, and the availability to enjoy the patio outside for "by the glass" or bottle service.
- Flights are served in individual or group-portioned beakers, allowing you to pour the serving at your pace, and to prevent bottles from touching the glasses of guests. Our tasting room associate will answer any questions you have and discuss the wine in your given flight, or you can follow along with the guided video tastings.
- The links to the tastings provide not only information on the wine, but also a video discussing the wine if you're interested in a deep dive into what you're tasting and how it is made.
- Purchases will be coordinated with the tasting room associate.
- Inside tastings are curated with staff. Patio tastings are self-directed via the video. The picnic benches are available for customers to enjoy our wines only by the glass or bottle.