Recipe - Creamy Seafood Enchiladas
Creamy Seafood EnchiladasPair with Villa Bellangelo - Dry Riesling
Prep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min. Yield: 6 Servings
Here in the Finger Lakes, the City of Geneva is known as the "Lake Trout Capital of the World." Our 2011 Dry Riesling will serve as a magnificent complement to this locally caught fresh fish. Enjoy!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup Chef Williams Tequila Cactus Salsa
- 1/8 teaspoon Seneca Lemon Sea Salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 pound small shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup cooked or canned crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro flakes
- 12 flour tortillas (7 inches)
- Additional salsa
In a saucepan over low heat, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually stir in broth and soup until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in sour cream, salsa and salt; set aside.
Place cottage cheese in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
Transfer to a bowl; add the shrimp, crab, Monterey Jack cheese, chilies and cilantro.
Spread 3/4 cup sauce in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
Place about 1/3 cup seafood mixture down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down over sauce. Top with the remaining sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Serve with additional salsa.