Recipe - Kashmiri Chicken
Pair with Villa Bellangelo - 2011 Semi-Dry Riesling
Prep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min. Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 tablespoons ghee or 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 large onions, finely sliced
- 10 peppercorns
- 10 cardamoms
- 2 inches cinnamon sticks
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces (I like boneless, skinless thighs)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- Heat the ghee or vegetable oil in a deep, lidded skillet.
- Add the onions, peppercorns, cardamoms, and cinnamon and cook until the onions are golden.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chili powder, paprika, and salt (to taste) and cook for 2 min, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken pieces and fry until browned.
- Gradually add the yogurt, stirring constantly.
- Cover and cook gently for about 30 minutes.
Originally published at http://www.food.com/recipe/kashmiri-chicken-42029