Recipe - Lobster Bisque
Lobster BisquePair with Villa Bellangelo - All Bellangelo Rieslings
Prep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. Yield: 2-3 Servings
Lobster goes great with Riesling. The touch of spice in this bisque pairs perfectly with the sweetness of our semi-dry!
- 1/2 lb lobster meat, cut into small chunks
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup Bellangelo Semi Dry Riesling
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon lobster base (better than boulion)
- 4 ounces tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons butter
- In a saute pan heat a little oil over med-high heat and saute shallots, onions, and garlic for one minute.
Deglaze the pan with the white wine.
- Add the worcestershire, tabasco, and thyme and saute for another minute.
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry.
- Add the paprika, hot water and lobster base and combine well.
- Stir in tomato paste and add the bay leaves.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Whisk in heavy cream and the butter and bring to a boil.
- Add the lobster and simmer until cooked through.
- Serve with crusty garlic bread.
Originally published at http://www.food.com/recipe/lobster-bisque-179384